The Ultimate Guide for Indian Small business Marketing
Most small business owners start business to make living and by inspired from others success stories or for personal financial freedom. Whatever may be reason but feelings are mix of excitement, nervousness & frustration with current situations.
But remember, without preparation nothing lasts long. Same is true with marketing which is foundation for successful business growth.
Your small business marketing starts with early and critical challenges such as limited resources such as time, money, talent (many times it is your own than team talent).
Small business marketing starts with
1. Real-world promotion such as direct marketing, partner channels and public relation &
2. Online marketing with website promotion through search engine, social media, email, affiliate marketing etc.
Small business preparation starts with initial home work.
1. Why we serve? Whom do you serve?
The answer is what is the size of the opportunity you wish to go after. Choose a market that has higher spending power/wealth. Choose the market that isn't crowded with too many competitors but also not completely new with no competition at all. Above all chose your offerings (service/product) that have uniqueness so you start your business with good cashflow in the market.
2. Research & identity list of keywords that describe your business in language that your prospective buyers understand.
Keywords, phrases as described & searched by prospective buyers through search engine.
3. Set your financial target and timeline/deadline to achieve that target.
Revenue, Profit, Volume sales, percentage market share etc.
4. Define set of performance indicator to measure milestones/success.
Inquiries/leads, Orders/conversions, Views/Impressions, Clients/customers, Revenue/Sales etc.
5. Define your conversion rate.
Conversion is percentage of inquiries/leads that turn into customers that provides estimated revenue & profit.
6. Set your budget
Setting a budget helps you arrive at the estimated cost of setting up a business and estimated cost of operating business for the period within which you wish to accomplish break-even or turn your business profitable (net profit).
7. Role of Online & Social Media marketing
Choose the right set of digital platforms to promote your business. Search engine, Social media networks, other high traffic platforms where the possibility of finding your prospective buyers are high.
8. Know your online online buyers/customers well
You need to know what time of day is right to reach your prospective buyers/customer on various platforms depending upon your target market for the successful sale of your products/services.
9. Deploying strategies, tactics & digital platform features
Identity and execute search engine, social media promotional techniques, features to engage, educate, and convert your prospects into buyers/customers. Paid/display/banner advertising, blogging, video marketing, influencer marketing, etc.
10. Define market positioning that introduces your business to all prospective buyers
Introduce our business with what problem are you solving and what value are you delivering through your solution to that problem. Also, address your positioning statement to your target buyers. Include words that describe direct benefits to prospective buyers.
11. Design Press kit for successful brand launch
Website, SEO friendly content, Logo, marketing collaterals such as flyers, brochures, business cards, social media creatives/banners creates lasting impression through traditional media or online channels. Reach out to journalists, media analysts, critics, bloggers for positive press mention or write-ups.
12. Create content strategy to promote business online
Identify subjects or topics to write content that would add value to your business promotion. It can be blogging, vlogging, ebooks, articles, guest/ghostwriting, webinars, podcasts, newsletters, video, business emails for business solicitation, etc.
13. Capture data and analyze for insights and intelligence
Always capture data about every aspect of your small marketing. Deploy cost-effective technology solutions and tools that provide a comprehensive set of analytics about website visitors, the behavior of prospects, lead conversion patterns, and customer reviews and feedback about product or services, etc.
14. Continuous innovation & research
Change is the only thing that is constant in the real as well as the digital world. Apply your lessons learned, experience, derived wisdom from competitors, market research firms, and partners. employee and above all customer experience.
India is the unique market in the world for the following reasons
1. One country with hundreds of Micro-markets unlike anywhere in the world
2. One country hundreds of cultures, languages & unique business processes
3. One country with two types of markets: First market is mass market which is price sensitive but demand for high volume forms 80% and more market size. Second market is Class market that seek hight quality & classy products.
4. India is also land where businesses have lower respect to law of the land. They lack respect of compliance, regulations due to weaker education, training, enforcement & corruption.
With this understanding, one needs to plunge into the business world with focus on delivering quality-conscious value to those who needs it with complete respect for Karma!
- Are you interested in content to power your business website with features that would attract buyers?
- Do you need blogs and maintain blog for your business?
We can help with that. The Sukathaa team offers a wide range of digital design and marketing solutions to meet your exact needs.
No time to write a blog post?
No problem. Sukathaa team of copywriting and content creation team members can help you to create valuable and thoughtfully written posts for your business blog.